On March 8th, BEI Fellow Pam Uschuk will be a featured reader at the anniversary reading for PEN International Women Writers Committee. Fourteen Poets from thirteen different countries will be presenting poetry that seeks to uplift and demonstrate the Power of the Voice. In addition to Pamela Uschuk, Ukrainian poet Ilya Kiva will be sharing her original work. Now more than ever, the gift of poetic inspiration is necessary, and these poets are sure to deliver. Don’t miss this phenomenal reading that will air Tuesday morning at 9:30 mountain time. You can register to attend HERE.
- PIWWC Global Poetry Zoom; Our Voices: Our Resistance! Poems Bearing Witness & Speaking OUT!
- Poetry that shines, roars, and soars with the POWER of the Word to bring & sing the Change we long to see!!!
- 14 poets from 13 countries!!!
- Led by Judyth Hill, San Miguel PEN
- Empty Chair #3. Meral Şimşek (Kurdish poet)
- Mar 8, 2022, 04:30 PM in London
- The sessions will be held online as a closed, by-invitation-only meeting. Further details and technical information will be communicated to confirmed participants closer to the meeting.
- The sessions will be recorded by the Secretariat for reporting purposes only and will not be broadcast or published later. The public portion (public events and literary reading) will be streamed on YouTube and Facebook and recordings can be used for promotional purposes.
- The consultation is organized under the Chatham House Rule, and participants are not allowed to record.
- The sessions will be held in English only. Unfortunately, no interpretation can be provided.