“Hearing the Invisible: Lessons from Sentient Beings and Inter-relational Ecosystems”
ASWM Online Symposium: Sunday, April 10, 2022
- General public ($160) register here.
- Members sign in and register with a $50 discount here.
- Join/Renew your ASWM membership here.
- Questions? Contact us.
- 2022 Symposium schedule at a glance
- Symposium Program Details All panels and sessions featured.
- “Songs for All Sentient Beings” Concert April 9 Free with registration or $30 concert only ticket (ticket sales support Native American and Indigenous scholars and performers)
- Symposium Attendee Quick Start Guide: How to use the symposium site–step by step with photos!
Jane Goodall has pointed out that human global disregard for nature brought on the current pandemic, documenting that mistreatment/exploitation of sentient beings can result in an exponential crisis for the whole planet.
Our 2022 biennial Symposium focuses on meanings found in the relational reality among science, culture, and mythology in regards to animals, the green world, and ecosystems.
With our primary focus on interconnectedness, we feature academic and artistic work that addresses collaborations between humans and other sentient beings, foundational myths about earth’s response to misuse, and scientific solutions to transgressions against the balance of nature.
Read about Denise Kester and “The Caretaker of the Precious,” the featured artwork for this event.