We are seeking a part-time Administrative Intern to facilitate the work of BEI and its scholars and fellows. The base of operations for this position is Brigit Rest (pictured), a home and farm located just west of Madison, WI.
About the Position:
– 20 hours / week; at least half that time must be spent on-site.
– Intern must have reliable transportation to the Black Earth area.
– Intern must commit to working for at least two months.
– Pay will be based on experience. College credit may be awarded, but this arrangement must be made beforehand with the intern’s university.
– Intern must be keen to discuss the issues facing both society and the earth and the role that art and spirit play in addressing these.
– Monitor social media, Google Alerts, and other web platforms for content to share on BEI’s website and Facebook page.
– Assist the managing editor of About Place Journal with promotion and administrative tasks.
– Act as a liaison between members of the organization via email and conference calls.
– Take detailed notes and provide written summaries of meetings, events, and activities.
– Assist in organizing meetings and events and creating promotional materials.
– Collect mail from PO Box.
– Correspond with donors; assist with and track funding campaigns. Deposit checks.
– Assist in expanding a nonprofit organization through grants, awards, and promotion.
– Appreciation for art, literature, the earth, social justice, and/or nonprofit groups
– Strong typing and computer knowledge (including Microsoft Office, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, MailChimp, Submittable, and basic layout design)
– Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to take direction
– Organized file keeping and attention to detail
Send a cover letter to Michael McDermott at email@example.com .