Wantaugh, New York
Retired staff member from Time Inc, active in secular humanist organizations that encourage real-world efforts to improve the human condition.
Liam Cusack, Secretary
New York, New York
Journalist, editor and labor-rights activist.
Holly Frost Kerr
Highland Park, Illinois
Lifetime Unitarian Universalist; semi-retired, teaches graduate business courses and manages a foundation working with Hispanics in Lake County, IL. Member of Foundation Board of College of Lake County and chair of Friends for Health, a not-for-profit that supports a community clinic in Highland Park.
Flo Golod, Treasurer
Executive Director for 20 years of Southside Family School, an award-winning alternative school with an innovative civil rights curriculum; professional fund-raiser and fiction writer; Flo Golod & Associates works with organizations on capital campaigns, annual campaigns and start-up efforts. Flo received the 1985 McKnight Award for Community Service in the Twin Cities.
Michael McDermott, President
Black Earth, Wisconsin
Retired physician, social justice and environmental activist, host of Brigit Rest.
Retired emergency-room physician, active in educational issues.
Former Fellow; Poet Laureate of Iowa; founder of AgArts.
1. To establish organizational systems that support BEI’s goals.
2. To assess potential projects in terms of the organization’s goals.
3. To hold sacred space in furtherance of those goals.
4. To serve as public representatives of the organization to media, other organizations, and donors.
5. To assist in fund-raising for BEI programs.